How does Pilates Online work?
Lolita San Miguel believes that the foundation of the Pilates method is the Matwork. These are the exercises that Joseph Pilates would give his clients to practice at home. You do not need any fancy equipment to perform these exercises, and using only these exercises you will get a full body workout.
If Joe could see how many people are practicing his exercises from the comfort of their homes, he would definitely approve!
To have a successful Online Pilates Session you will need:
- A fast internet connection
- A tablet, smartphone, laptop, or other device on which you can run a web browser. Sessions are done through Zoom.
- A mat or a towel
- A small amount of space, about the size of a yoga mat, hopefully with not too much furniture around
- A quiet environment
- Comfortable yet fitted clothes
During a typical session, Amy will give you detailed and exact verbal cues and explanations for every exercise. She will make it clear for you to understand and feel the movements. Sometimes she also will show you the movement. You will learn a lot about Pilates and how your body works! Each class will be designed for your specific needs and goals.
Coaching for Teachers
Amy also works online with Pilates teachers who are looking to deepen their practice and/or knowledge of the method. She tailors sessions to what each teacher needs, anywhere from an in depth study session, to a sweaty workout! Please feel free to reach out to find out more!!
Once we book your sessions, you will receive an invoice via PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, it is free and very easy to set one up, just follow instructions here: https://www.paypal.com/cr/webapps/mpp/account-selection?locale.x=en_CR
Payments are handled on a monthly basis.
Benefits of Pilates Online
Online Pilates is for you if you:
- Would like to try Pilates classes but live too far from a studio.
- Don’t enjoy sitting in traffic for a long time to get to your Pilates class.
- Prefer to work out in the comfort of your own home.
- Travel frequently and would like to maintain continuity in your practice.
What if I have to cancel a class?
If you cancel the class with more than 24 hours notice it can be rescheduled to another day with no additional fee. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice the session will be charged in full.
Contact Amy to book your first session today!